2018 GIRLS JUNIOR VARSITY
We were super impressed at the level of talent that showed up to tryouts this year. With so many smart, athletic girls, some of these decisions were hard. Anyone selected to the JV team may be moved to Varsity at any time during the season, based commitment, development, and performance.
We are so excited to have had more girls try out for Grady Ultimate than ever before! We have two strong Grady girls teams. Many factors were weighed in these difficult decisions including commitment, experience, athleticism, skill, and anticipated attendance.
JV players will have opportunities to build fundamental skills and will benefit from more evenly distributed playing time in games. We are excited to have great new coaches coming to the JV team who have played at the highest levels and have experience coaching college and club ultimate. Thank you to the parents and players who have worked hard to recruit girls this season. It has paid off! We welcome our new players to the GUG family, and look forward to a fantastic season! -Coach Evelina
2018 Girls Junior Varsity team:
Guianna Inoa Nunez
Michael Arenson (HC), Meg Harris
About Girls JV
- 8 -12 grades are eligible
- JV will play single games, round robins, and at least one tournament.. probably two: States and Terminus tournaments.
- JV Girls will not play in Deep Frz and Pi Cup.
- Cool Fact- JV will operate alongside, and in conjunction with, the Varsity. They will practice together and scrimmage frequently.
- JV will have its own coach and will also be supported by GUG Girls Head Coach.
- JV Girls primary focus will be on fun, skills development, exercise, strategy and SOTG.
- All players will receive quality playing time.
- There will be no cut for JV at tryouts… all girls that try out and make the commitment to the team will be welcomed on the team.