2017 GIRLS JUNIOR VARSITY
Girls JV vs Woodward, 3/18/17
Update for March 18 AFDC Round Robin @ GA Soccer Park
We were super impressed at the level of talent that showed up to tryouts this year. With so many smart, athletic girls, some of these decisions were hard. Anyone selected to the JV team will have opportunities to move up to Varsity, pending commitment, development, and performance. -Coach Haley
JV is not making cuts: if your name is not on the JV roster, you have not been cut, but please contact Susan Edlein email@example.com so we can add your name.
2017 Girls Junior Varsity team:
Haley Reese, Evelina Pierce, Ashley Brown, Taylor Hartmann
Please contact Haley (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions.
About Girls JV
- 8 -12 grades are eligible
- JV will play single games, round robins, and at least one tournament.. probably two: States and Terminus tournaments.
- JV Girls will not play in Deep Frz and Pi Cup.
- Cool Fact- JV will operate alongside, and in conjunction with, the Varsity. They will practice together and scrimmage frequently.
- JV will have its own coach and will also be supported by GUG Girls Head Coach, Haley Reese.
- JV Girls primary focus will be on fun, skills development, exercise, strategy and SOTG.
- All players will receive quality playing time.
- GUG is one of only two programs in the state with a Girls JV. Nice.
- JV Girls will practice Wednesdays and Fridays. Mondays are optional for JV.
- There will be no cut for JV at tryouts… all girls that try out and make the commitment to the team will be welcomed on the team.