We are so excited to have had more girls try out for Grady Ultimate than ever before! We have two strong Grady girls teams. Many factors were weighed in these difficult decisions including commitment, experience, athleticism, skill, and anticipated attendance.
JV players will have opportunities to build fundamental skills and will benefit from more evenly distributed playing time in games. We are excited to have great new coaches coming to the JV team who have played at the highest levels and have experience coaching college and club ultimate. JV players may have opportunities to move to the Varsity roster throughout the season, and Varsity players may move to JV based on their attendance and commitment.
Thank you to the parents and players who have worked hard to recruit girls this season. It has paid off! We welcome our new players to the GUG family, and look forward to a fantastic season! -Coach Evelina
2018 Girls Varsity
Carrie Miller (C)
Elizabeth Lansing (C)
Liliana Chanler (C)
2018 Coaches: Evelina Pierce (HC), Irene Tsinajinnie
2018 Captains: Carrie, Ebet, Liliana
2018 Team Manager: Celeste Smith & Jen Chanler
About Girls Varsity
- 9-12 grades are eligible
- Team functions as a traditional high school varsity sport: we compete hard and play with strong SOTG.
- Grady Varsity Girls play hard and compete at a consistently high level.
- Varsity players must have a high level of skill for the game of ultimate.
- Players maintain a strong commitment to the team, consistent attendance at practices and tournaments is required.
- Players must have dedication to the team and team goals, a positive attitude facing moments of adversity, and behaving with integrity on and off the field.
- SOTG is huge for us.
- All Grady girls varsity players will demonstrate a passion for the game through their hustle, spirit and positive attitude.
- Playing time is based solely on coaches decision and game time dynamics.
- Varsity girls tryouts will have a cut.